Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Articles on space economy ignite conversation

A couple of months ago, I posted an article in the online academic journal The Conversation. The theme was the great progress that space robots have made. My purpose was to create some buzz in advance of our off-Earth mining forum. We certainly got that--we received international media attention. For a week I was a TV figure.

All the attention and exhausting interview schedule caused me to forget that article completely. But several weeks later, I noticed that it had been viewed 1,700 times. Hmm, thought I, not bad!

So I wrote another one. The theme, this time, is how the global economy might some day become interplanetary. The central discussion point is how to put a value on resources found in space. Protection of Earth's environment, while providing energy to raise living standards for billions on Earth, provides the motivation.

It has been viewed 1,500 times in the last 24 hours. The buzz continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment